In cooperation with the Fox Valley Technical College and local business leaders, the Appleton Technical Academy, known as A-Tech, is a charter school of the Appleton Area School District (AASD) focused on providing serious students with the skills needed for a successful career in advanced manufacturing and industrial technology.
Using a project-based, hands-on learning approach, the school day features a mix of manufacturing related courses (Welding, Machining, Mechanical Design, Automated Manufacturing) and a mix of traditional core classes (Math, Science, English, Social Studies).
Top 5 reasons to attend A-Tech:
- Get excited about school. Have you ever asked “When will I ever use this in real life?” A-Tech students learn practical skills that get applied to real-world situations, such as math skills to determine the proper angle for a specific laser cut or weld, writing skills to prepare a standout cover letter and resume, and science skills to understand the chemistry behind the materials they’re working with. Each student’s education track is tailored to his or her interests, resulting in more individual attention.
- Get a sneak peek. Learn what a career in manufacturing is really like. You might be surprised! Lots of job opportunities exist that you may not have known about. It’s like taking a test drive before you buy.
- Get paid to go to school. Seniors enrolled at A-Tech have the opportunity to complete a paid internship for school credit.
- Earn college credit tuition free. A-Tech students can earn up to one-third of the college credits needed to receive an associate’s degree at FVTC (the equivalent of about one year and about $3,000).
- Gain advantage over other applicants entering the workforce. You’ll already have hands-on experience in a variety of trades and skilled labor, making you attractive to potential employers.