In cooperation with the Fox Valley Technical College and local business leaders, the Appleton Technical Academy, known as A-Tech, is a charter school of the Appleton Area School District (AASD) focused on providing serious students with the skills needed for a successful career in advanced manufacturing and industrial technology.
Using a project-based, hands-on learning approach, the school day features a mix of manufacturing related courses (Welding, Machining, Mechanical Design, Automated Manufacturing) and a mix of traditional core classes (Math, Science, English, Social Studies).
Top 5 reasons to attend A-Tech:
- Get excited about school. Have you ever asked “When will I ever use this in real life?” A-Tech students learn practical skills that get applied to real-world situations, such as math skills to determine the proper angle for a specific laser cut or weld, writing skills to prepare a standout cover letter and resume, and science skills to understand the chemistry behind the materials they’re working with. Each student’s education track is tailored to his or her interests, resulting in more individual attention.
- Get a sneak peek. Learn what a career in manufacturing is really like. You might be surprised! Lots of job opportunities exist that you may not have known about. It’s like taking a test drive before you buy.
- Get paid to go to school. Seniors enrolled at A-Tech have the opportunity to complete a paid internship for school credit.
- Earn college credit tuition free. A-Tech students can earn up to one-third of the college credits needed to receive an associate’s degree at FVTC (the equivalent of about one year and about $3,000).
- Gain advantage over other applicants entering the workforce. You’ll already have hands-on experience in a variety of trades and skilled labor, making you attractive to potential employers.
No qualified person with a disability will, because the District’s facilities are inaccessible to or unusable by persons with disabilities, be denied the benefits of, be excluded from participation in, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity to which Section 504/ADA applies. As to facilities, the District will conduct its programs or activities so that, when viewed in their entirety, they are readily accessible to disabled persons. To the extent a program or activity is now held in an inaccessible location, it will be moved to an accessible location upon request. Questions can be directed to: Principal Greg Hartjes 920-832-6219.
A ninguna persona considerada minusválida le serán negados los servicios, o será excluida de participar, o sufrirá ninguna otra clase de discriminación por razones de la inaccesibilidad o imposibilidad de uso de los servicios del Distrito, en ningún programa o actividad donde se aplica la Sección 504/ADA. Con referencia a dichos servicios, el Distrito llevará a cabo sus programas y actividades de manera que, consideradas en su totalidad, sean fácilmente accesibles por personas minusválidas. En el caso que un programa o actividad tenga lugar en un lugar inaccesible, será relocalizado a un lugar accesible, si así se solicita. Si se tienen preguntas, favor de dirigirse a: Principal Greg Hartjes 920-832-6219.
Tsis muaj ib tug neeg twg uas tsim nyog tau txais kev kawm uas muaj qhov xiam oob khab muaj lub peev xwm, vim rau qhov tsev kawm ntawv cov chaw ua rau cov neeg xiam oob hkab mus tsis tau rau thiab siv tsis tau, los yeej tsis pub kom muaj qhov tsis tau txais cov kev pab, tsis pub kom muab cais tawm, los yog raug muab cais tawm ntawm khoo ka los yog tej kev ua ub ua no raws li txoj cai nyob rau ntawm Section 504/ADA muab los siv. Hais txog ntawm tej chaw, tsev kawm ntawv yuav ua kom tsev kawm ntawv cov khoo ka los yog tej uas yuav ua yog thaum muab saib thoob plaws txhua yam mas tej chaw ntawd yuav tsum zoo rau cov neeg muaj qhov xiam oob khab mus tau thiab siv tau. Yog thaum uas qhov khoo ka los yog tej uas yuav ua ntawd nyob rau ib qho chaws uas tus xiam oob khab must sis tau siv tsis tau, ces yuav tau muab hloov mus rau qhov chaw uas mus tau thiab siv tau yog thaum xav thov kom muab hloov chaw. Muaj lus nug hu tau rau: Principal Greg Hartjes 920-832-6219.